Ways to Keep Your Child Engaged
Summer's here! As excited as all teachers and students are for summer, we don't want to feel that post-summer slump in August, and neither does your child! If you're wondering how to structure your summer, think about incorporating some of the following ideas:
- Read daily! Students should independently read at least 20 minutes a day.
- Get outside! Turn off the screens and enjoy the outdoors! Play at the park, go on a scavenger hunt, hike around your neighborhood.
- Do something kind for someone else! Random Acts of Kindness are a great way to incorporate service learning and help instill a sense of community in your child.
- Be creative! Use those divergent thinking skills to make and create this summer!
- Enjoy family time! We love playing board games and taking day trips together as a family. It's a wonderful way to create lasting memories.